Is GDC dead?

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 5 14:40:01 PST 2006

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006, Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:

> Marcus R. Brown wrote:
>
> > Or on hiatus?  David Friedman's site hasn't been updated since the end of
> > December.  Was the SourceForge page (http://sf.net/projects/dgcc/) ready
> > for
> > use?  I have a bunch of patches for GDC that I'd like to submit.  Where
> > should I send them?
>
> You might ask Brad Roberts (the one who setup the bugzilla) to help you out
> here.

I now David is still alive out there as we've exchanged an email or two
and chatted a bit one evening.  But he's definitly been distant for a good
while now due to life pressure not a real desire to be away from D.

I've spent a lot of time preparing a potential 0.18 release that's based
off of dmd 0.148's frontend.  I've also fixed a few other bugs.  There's a
couple bugs left to be fixed and a few merge related cleanups that need to
be done.  I've sort of been holding on them until I can talk with David
again.  He hasn't responded to the last couple emails I've sent.

What sort of patches do you have?  Can you create bugzilla entries for
them if they're fixing bugs and add the patches as attachments?  Please be
sure to break them down into one bugzilla entry and patch per issue and
don't combine them into one.

In case you haven't seen the announcement on digitalmars.D.bugs, the
bugzilla db lives here:  http://d.puremagic.com/bugzilla/

Thanks,
Brad