Problems with SDL_Mixer on Mac

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Mar 15 23:40:34 PST 2006

Mark Harviston wrote:

> sdl.audio imported fine.
> sdl.mixer gave a link error:
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined Symbols:
> --ModuleInfo_5mixer
> collect2 ld returned with 1 exit status

That would be a symbol from the D code.

> I know SDL_Mixer works, because I loaded the aliens example from the SDL
> website, and it uses SDL_Mixer.
>
> I know what the problem is now(the above is still valid)
> the makefile is linking to the Framework and the *.os in the sdl/* local
> directory.

That should be OK.

> If i link (-L/sw/lib) to the fink librarys, the mixer problems would
> seem to go away, but I am left with "can't locate file for: -lSDL_d",
> so how do I get both in the same directory?

You can add both of them, like this: -L . -L/sw/lib

SDL_d was just a lib that I did for the D "sdl/*.o",
so you could add the object files instead of that one.

> can I copy the SDL_Mixer stuff from /sw/lib/?
> what files do I copy?

Better to leave Fink's SDL_Mixer dylibs in /sw/lib,
but you can copy the "libSDL_d.a" to /usr/local/lib ?

Hopefully I'll get some time to clean this up soon..

--anders