xcode + gdc linking problems

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Apr 4 00:44:26 PDT 2007

Scott Carver wrote:

> So, I'm working on getting XCode working in a semi-reasonable fashion
> with D (I'm a relative beginner at mucking around with XCode this deep,
> and with D as well, so bear with me...). I got all the appropriate
> language specs, compiler plugins, gdc, etc. (I think), and my sample
> program compiles fine, but fails during the linking phase with this:

I haven't gotten Xcode 2.4 to play nice with GDC just yet, either.

Posted everything on http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net/xcode.html,
but am using custom build rules to pass everything on to GDC...

> In the end, -filelist doesn't seem to work appropriately. Any
> suggestions? Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as
> modifying the computer plugin / specs / whatever, to get things linking
> right? Am I missing something really obvious? Thanks much!

Maybe GDC (the D driver) doesn't support the -filelist option ?
If you get it working, I'll be happy to host the compiler plugin.

You might also want to investigate Code::Blocks (codeblocks.org)

--anders