debian package for gdc

Jan Claeys usenet at janc.be
Fri Apr 6 10:26:29 PDT 2007

Op Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:47:57 +0200
schreef Anders F Björklund <afb at algonet.se>:

> robspassky wrote:
>
> > Is anybody out there working on this?  I don't mean the
> > alien-generated .deb package, but an "official" debian package to
> > be integrated into the distribution.
> >
> > I went to the debian site and found out that the gdc package is in
> > the pipeline--the owner is Suresh Rajashekara (suresh.raj at gmail
> > dot com).
> >
> > I pinged him and he said that he is just starting work on it but
> > thinks to have it ready "very soon".
>
> I thought about integrating GDC into Ubuntu's, the same way GPC is
> now ? But I was kinda put off by the sheer size of the package and
> scripts... Same went for making it interact with the Fedora system
> GCC compiler, which has like a ton of patches. So for now I only made
> "vanilla" GDC.
>
> But if anyone wants to take it through the official channels, that
> would be cool. Should be easier now, when it supports GCC 4.1.1 and
> x86_64 ?

There is an Ubuntu wishlist bug for GDC here:
<https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/87337>

Someone called "Arthur Loiret" assigned this bug to himself, so he
should be working on it too.

I also linked it to an "upstream" Debian bug report some time ago.
Is there another Debian bug report or where did you find information
about Suresh Rajashekara working on it?

--
Jan Claeys