Status?

Scott S. McCoy tag at cpan.org
Sat Mar 8 23:25:39 PST 2008

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 07:08:47 +0000, Scott S. McCoy wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 13:59:27 +0100, Jascha Wetzel wrote:
>
>> Alessandro Pellizzari wrote:

>>> Did you manage to compile gtkd with gdc? I tried the best I could but
>>> it only compiles with the latest versions of dmd 1 and dsss... :/
>>>
>>> I know of a patch to gtkd to compile it with gdc, but I read that it
>>> still segfaults.
>>
>> no, haven't tried. the only libs i've been using with GDC so far are
>> Tango and Phobos.
>
> I got gtkD to compile and run under GDC, I didn't really run into any
> segfaulting issues but I repeatedly got an error about FileChooserDialog
> linking.
>
> After reading this thread I decided to test with dmd, and indeed, it
> works.  Fooey.

For the glade test actually, I've found I can build gtkD with gdc, then
build the glade test with dmd, and it works.  However if I try to build
both the glade test and gtkD with gdc, it fails.  (Similarly, building
both with dmd works as expected).

Seems curious, to say the least.  I'm pretty ready to blame it on GDC.

Cheers,
    Scott S. McCoy