GDC installers

Vincenzo Ampolo vincenzo.ampolo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 05:18:50 PST 2009

Anders F Björklund wrote:

> It could need another update now, to work with:
> Windows 7, Fedora 12, Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow"...
> So far those have been pending the upgrades of
> GCC, to MinGW/FSF GCC 4.3.x and Apple GCC 4.2.1
>

> http://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/
>
> Once the project has been successfully restarted,
> some new installers could be made - if desired ?

Of course we would like to support all the operating system you
listed. But i see two main problems on it:

1) developers, we are not too much, but we are rising ;)

2) resources. Eg. i don't have any apple pc and i'm not planning to
buy one. until there is no developer with a mac and with MAC OS X i
dubt we can add a better support. For windows is different,
virtualizzation with virtualbox is trivial.

As all the time, we will try to do our best to match requirements and
resources :)

As soon as a relevant goal is reached (as gcc 4.4.x support) we will
do a release (according to David of course!).

See you.

--
Vincenzo Ampolo (goshawk)

http://goshawknest.wordpress.com