MinGW64 Build Instructions

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Fri May 27 13:55:23 PDT 2011

On Fri, 27 May 2011 23:52:33 +0300, Daniel Green <venix1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/25/2011 6:59 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> However, it doesn't look like the Phobos in HG tip is ready for 64-bit.
>> There were some trivial problems in std.stream, but lots of
>> warnings/errors in the GC.
>
> Is that with the patch?

Where is the patch? In the original post you said you'd post the patches
"tomorrow", but I haven't seen them here or linked from the building
instructions.

> The errors should be uint to size_t conversions.  However, I ran across
> linker issues becuase of calling conventions. Symbols used by the GC,
> __data_start__ are still exported, by the linker scripts, with Win32
> calling conventions causing unresolved symbol errors when searching for
> the Win64 version.

Here's what I'm getting:

../../../libphobos/internal/gc/gcx.d:900: Error: function
win32.os_query_staticdataseg (void**,uint*) does not match parameter types
(void**,ulong*)
../../../libphobos/internal/gc/gcx.d:900: Error: cannot implicitly convert
expression (& nbytes) of type ulong* to uint*
../../../libphobos/internal/gc/gcx.d:917: Error: function
win32.os_query_staticdataseg (void**,uint*) does not match parameter types
(void**,ulong*)
../../../libphobos/internal/gc/gcx.d:917: Error: cannot implicitly convert
expression (& nbytes) of type ulong* to uint*

> Also, is that D1?  I don't recall D2 spitting out as many GC warnings
> but instead had a lot of Windows specific errors.

Yep, this is D1.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net