GDC Updated to 2.055/1.070

maarten van damme maartenvd1994 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 14:39:48 PDT 2011

2011/9/23 dsimcha <dsimcha at yahoo.com>

> I don't think this will ever be a good solution.  The glacial and
> centralized
> nature of Linux packaging conflicts with the fast-moving nature of D.  For
> example, when I write D code I don't make even the slightest effort to
> support any
> compiler/phobos/druntime version other than the latest.  Most of my code
> would
> probably not even compile with a release from 6 months ago.

Debian unstable keeps up with the newest of the newest. There was even a
little update today.
And if you make another libphobos/libdruntime package then we can compile
that one ourselves if we need a newer phobos lib.

It's just so sad compiling it myself is so terribly failing. I wish someone
could explain me how to do that in debian testing.