D on the Raspberry Pi

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Thu Aug 2 12:10:32 PDT 2012

Am Thu, 02 Aug 2012 20:15:47 +0200
schrieb "Stefan Frijters" <sfrijters at gmail.com>:

> Thank you for the pointers. I just got the results of my first
> attempt (it failed). I'm getting the same error as reported by
> Sönke Ludwig above, and after some googling it seems to be
> related to
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=648889 . I'm now
> going to retry with 'env CFLAGS="-g -O2
> -I/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf"
> LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf" ../configure [etc]'. I
> put in the "-g -O2" because that is something the make mentioned
> being there before. I guess I'll know if it worked in the
> morning...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stefan

I didn't know the debian multiarch changes also affect non-multiarch
installations. Adding -I/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf to CFLAGS
probably works (your link also suggests adding
-B/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf though). Adding -O2 -g shouldn't be
necessary, the configure scripts should add it when appropriate.

Other solutions:
Patch your gcc sources with debian's multiarch patch (Not sure if those
work for gcc 4.8):
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/gcccvs/branches/sid/gcc-4.7/debian/patches/gcc-multiarch.diff?view=markup
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/gcccvs/branches/sid/gcc-4.7/debian/patches/gcc-multiarch-trunk.diff?view=markup

Use the official debian gcc sources (GCC 4.7) which should
include this patch:
sudo apt-get install gcc-4.7-source
installs the sources at /usr/src/gcc-4.7/gcc-4.7.1-dfsg.tar.xz