x32-abi with D?

Alex Rønne Petersen alex at lycus.org
Sat May 26 08:44:06 PDT 2012

On 26-05-2012 15:43, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 26 May 2012 13:59, Alex Rønne Petersen<alex at lycus.org>  wrote:

>>> No, druntime is compiler-specific. Phobos is a different story.
>>>

>> Speaking of which, Iain, any way we could upstream all of GDC's Phobos
>> changes? (Perhaps same way you did it with DMD?)
>>

> You could try, but I can't think of any changes that would be
> considered suitable for upstreaming. To list notable differences off
> the top of my head:
>
> - void* is replaced with va_list where appropriate.
> - some version code to whom's identifiers are only emitted from the
> gdc compiler.
> - some functions in std.math call the long double rather than double
> math lib functions.
> - std.format.doFormat has some difference for consideration that the
> va_list varies on differing architectures.

Well, I'm just asking because recently in the Phobos pull request where
I wanted to *remove* compiler-specific code, everyone was against this.
But at the same time, we seem to have this weird situation where
everyone has their own Phobos fork *anyway*. The situation is just
messy... we need to clean up the confusion somehow.

--
Alex Rønne Petersen
alex at lycus.org
http://lycus.org