To build GDC for Windows 32/64

Ludovit Lucenic llucenic at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 14:14:58 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 28 August 2013 at 08:51:57 UTC, Benjamin Thaut
wrote:

> Well the main problem is, that tdm-gcc (which you really want
> to have nice working gcc on windows) does not support gcc 4.8
> yet. They are still at 4.7 so porting it over will be quite
> some work. There has been a posting on the newsgroup from venix
> where he statet that he started porting the newest version, but
> it still had many bugs.
>
> http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/download
>
> Kind Regards
> Benjamin Thaut

Thank you for the information, Benjamin.
I haven't manage to build the GDC so far.
According to your guidelines, I had problems with the missing
libraries of GMP, MFPR and MPC. But when I copied the missing
files all over the MinGW, it ran a bit further. Nevertheless, the
compilation ended with an error later.
I'll try to compile the version from the branch 4.7, as this is
supported by the TDM-GCC. Let you know.

Ludovit