New Wiki

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Tue Jul 9 03:49:13 PDT 2013

On 07/09/2013 12:29 PM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> As per documentation:
>
> The D language is under development as of this writing; see {current
> language reference}.  At present the current major version of D is
> 2.0, and
> there is no way to describe the language supported by GCC in terms of
> a specific minor version.  In general GCC follows the D front-end
> releases closely, and any given GCC release will support the current
> language as of the date that the release was frozen.
>
> So the 4.7, 4.8 branches present on github are considered releases,
> but no binary distribution is done other than through eg: Linux
> distributor repositories.

I think what he means is: why are there no easily downloadable .tar.gz files
where all you have to do is ./configure && make && make install ?

Or, better still, 1-click installers for different major platforms as we have
with DMD.

I know this is one of those "needs someone to step up to the plate" situations,
but I think it's true that this would be helpful for potential users of GDC.