Compiling GDC-MinGW

Daniel Green venix1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 08:42:51 PST 2013

The crossdev directory is important because GCC is being called natively
and it allows paths to match up.

Otherwise /crossdev becomes /mingw/msys/1.0/crossdev which causes all
sorts of mayhem.  That said, as long as you are building on F:\ it there
shouldn't be an issue.

On 3/6/2013 2:55 PM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
> Also do you have some idea about the multiline strings in options.c?
> Google tells me that multiline strings got deprecated starting with gcc
> 4.0.0 (current mingw vanilla is gcc 4.7.2)

I think this and the issue with tls-mingwrt.3.20.patch may be related.
It applies cleanly here.

How is your git version designed to handle line endings?  A patch that
different between Unix/Dos can fail to apply even though they are identical.

I also didn't run into an issue with options.c . May also, be a patch
getting misapplied.  Unless changed during installation msys-git will
checkout all files as Dos line endings.