Build problem with latest git head

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Nov 7 00:59:48 PST 2013

On 04/11/13 12:26, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 4 November 2013 11:22, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
> <mailto:joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net>> wrote:
>     Should we expect that git-head GDC will start to require GCC 4.9 in the near
>     future?
>
> After I push the fix that you see in that patch, yes.

Am I right that you're close to the point where the frontend will be
backend-neutral and so new versions can simply be dropped in as needed?

If so, can I suggest that at that point there be a commitment to have GDC always
build against the stable GCC release as well as the development one?  I don't
feel comfortable asking this without the backend-neutral situation being
resolved, but once it is, it seems like a good idea.