d bare bones

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 6 06:11:22 PDT 2013

On 6 September 2013 13:25, eles <eles at eles.com> wrote:
> On Friday, 6 September 2013 at 10:43:38 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>> On 6 September 2013 10:35, eles <eles at eles.com> wrote:
>>   But there's no equivalent to volatile statements other than
>> implementing your own low level thread library for use in kernel-land
>> to allow synchronized to work properly.
>

> Frankly, but each day D becomes better, it becomes worse for systems
> programming. I'll have more&more difficulties to defend it as an acceptable
> solution at my workplace.
>
> I am sorry about that, but I cannot do much about it... :(

It's still systems level, just in user-land applications.

It has always been the case that if you want to enter kernel-space
with D, you have to drop phobos and implement a more low level
druntime.  For instance, the GC that comes with D is wholly infeasible
for use inside a kernel .

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';