What happened to GDMD

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Feb 27 11:10:55 PST 2014

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 09:38:09AM +0000, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 23 Feb 2014 09:30, "Joseph Rushton Wakeling" <
> joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:
> >
> > On 21/02/2014 18:09, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >>
> >> It's not quite ready to replace the current script yet, as a number
> >> of dmd options are still not handled (or not completely handled)
> >> yet.
> >

> > Do you have a todo list ... ?

Unfortunately, no. But basically, most of the remaining task is just to
implement DMD option. The basic compile-and-link step is already
working, but ddoc isn't handled yet, along with a whole bunch of dmd
options that will probably require changing the way the compiling and
linking is done, etc..

Just try it out yourself to see what works / doesn't work, and you'll
see. :)

The parseArgs function is where you'd start looking, to see what has /
hasn't been implemented as far as options go.

> If so, put it on the wiki or raise separate bugs for each in bugzilla
> to allow us to keep track what needs implementing.

Should we be putting tickets in bugzilla when the dport branch isn't
even merged yet?

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he is in trouble again.