GDC Project page updated

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 04:51:07 PDT 2014

On 09/03/2014 12:26, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Am Sun, 9 Mar 2014 11:46:18 +0000
> schrieb Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at gdcproject.org>:
>
>> On Mar 5, 2014 5:00 PM, "Bruno Medeiros"
>> <brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> So, are there any plans to update the Windows binary releases?
>>>

>> Someone will have to work out how Daniel built and maintained the
>> Mingw binaries. I'm not so sure that information was documented. :)
>>
>> Regards
>
> https://github.com/venix1/MinGW-GDC
> Building is not the time-consuming part of the mingw port afaics, the
> problem is that binutils, mingw, gmp,... patches need to be maintained
> (or better: upstreamed).
> We should really try to get at least the GDC patches merged though.

More out of curiosity, and trying to understand the GDC/MinGW/GCC
internals a bit, what exactly is it that makes it hard to an automatic
build script to produce binary releases for windows?
You say there is patches that need to be applied to MinGW, is that part
of the problem? Why not have a mingw fork?

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros