Where is the GDC binaries for Windows targeting windows?

B. Gian James via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 21 13:49:41 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 21 July 2016 at 20:07:43 UTC, Rufus Smith wrote:
> On Thursday, 21 July 2016 at 19:36:00 UTC, Sebastien Alaiwan
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 21 July 2016 at 18:39:29 UTC, Rufus Smith wrote:
>>> So... seems pretty simple to me!
>> No need to be sarcastic. I understand your frustation about
>> the unavailability of precompiled native mingw binaries ;
>> however please understand that I'm trying to help you here.
>
> Then be clear and precise. You said it was simple. It is not.
>
>>> no windows version
>> It's a shellscript, dude. So yes, you need a bash interpreter.
>
> Um, when I installed mingw, it installed msys. I ran bash to
> execute the script. That is how I got the errors about missing
> commands like reapath,  nproc, etc.  Stuff I guess that doesn't
> common with the install of msys or mingw.
>
> I don't feel like chasing this rabbit. We should have windows
> GDC binaries on the main page for download. It's not my job to
> waste time on things I don't know much about to do this.
>
> I know there is an anti-windows attitude, but if it's so easy
> then how about someone install mono and build a windows GDC
> binary using that?

Since you already have mingw environment, you could try
precompiled:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/gdcwin/gdc/r229/gdc-trunk-r229-gcc-3.4.5.exe
They tag via DMD version so not sure what GCC base was used.
I do most all D work in Linux, but I do have a windows
environment set up. If the link above doesn't give you what you
need I can dig into my installation deeper to find the binaries
i'm currently using if you need.

Good luck!

-gian