Is GDC a solid option versus LDC?

rempas rempas at tutanota.com
Fri Mar 4 15:05:36 UTC 2022

 From what I know, most people (if not all), seem to prefer LDC
over GDC. When it comes to C, I always prefer GCC as GCC's
backend compiles code faster and also produces code will run
faster than LLVM (even if the differences are small). When it
comes to D, GDC seems to compile code faster in my machine (AMD
Ryzen 5 2400G) than LDC about 3-4 times faster!

However, I'm really skeptical as to why people seem to prefer LDC
and I wonder if GDC is not as stable and reliable as LDC or if
most code that uses recent code doesn't work in GDC. I have also
heard that LDC get support for new things faster than GDC. Is
that true? And if yes, then for how much difference are we
talking about?

Any personal experiences would be much appreciated.