GDC for ARM MacOS / OSX

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Thu Jun 29 09:18:19 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 29 June 2023 at 05:27:57 UTC, Cecil Ward wrote:
> I tried getting GCC on my ARM M2 Mac using the homebrew package
> manager, which is how I got LDC. It gave me C++ and C and
> FORTRAN, but no sign of any GDC.

How is GCC available when it has no support for aarch64-darwin2x?

(Experimental support is available in [iains fork on
github](https://github.com/iains/gcc-darwin-arm64) targeting the
14.x development branch)

Iain and I have been going through arm64-darwin support in D
run-time, mostly it's just getting cross bootstrap from gcc-11
done cleanly.  Nothing that I expect to be made concretely
available just yet, though I am hoping that GCC will finally get
support for M1/M2 by the time 14.1 is released in May though.