GDC for ARM MacOS / OSX

Cecil Ward cecil at cecilward.com
Thu Jun 29 17:16:42 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 29 June 2023 at 09:18:19 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On Thursday, 29 June 2023 at 05:27:57 UTC, Cecil Ward wrote:
>> I tried getting GCC on my ARM M2 Mac using the homebrew
>> package manager, which is how I got LDC. It gave me C++ and C
>> and FORTRAN, but no sign of any GDC.
>
> How is GCC available when it has no support for
> aarch64-darwin2x?
>
> (Experimental support is available in [iains fork on
> github](https://github.com/iains/gcc-darwin-arm64) targeting
> the 14.x development branch)
>
> Iain and I have been going through arm64-darwin support in D
> run-time, mostly it's just getting cross bootstrap from gcc-11
> done cleanly.  Nothing that I expect to be made concretely
> available just yet, though I am hoping that GCC will finally
> get support for M1/M2 by the time 14.1 is released in May
> though.

Thankyou for your good work Iain. I don’t have a working GDC as
the one on my Raspberry Pi AAarch64 Debian Buster dies with an
error message ever time you try to compile. I have run GDC on
32-bit ARM on the Raspberry Pi and in godbolt.org on x86-64.

I will get hold of an x86-64 box with Linux on it. Get round the
problems that way.