A new lame UI toolkit for D

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Apr 18 07:43:14 PDT 2006

Roberto Alsina wrote:

>>But IUP having a GTK+ driver for Linux and a Carbon driver for Macintosh
>>would be awesome. When coupled with Lua, it's a nice small UI toolkit...
>
> Well, I am starting to hack a Qt4 backend for IUP so that should make it work on
> Mac/Win/Linux with a decent L&F.

You mean for "DIUP", or a generic version that would be written in C ?

For QtD, I looked at http://qtcsharp.sourceforge.net but it looked like
a lot of classes - so a driver for IUP is probably a more doable task...

> Of course it's a much larger task, so it's not like it's going to be ready
> tomorrow.

Know that others expressed interest in a Qt-using GUI library, earlier.

I would prefer GTK+, like MinWin uses, but Qt does *look* good at least.
But it has some licensing issues, in that it's either GPL or Commercial

--anders

PS. I did some feeble Carbon hacks on both IUP and MinWin, but got bored
     since it also involved translating all of the old framework headers:
     "CarbonHeaders" - http://dsource.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=68

     For IUP it would mean both writing a "CD" driver for Quartz 2D, as
     well as writing a "IUP" driver using the new HIToolbox functions...
     (the old abandoned Mac versions used QuickDraw and the old Toolbox)