ANNOUNCEMENT: GNU-D opens up shop

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 28 19:21:42 PDT 2006

An odd statement, since GNU has nothing to do with Apache or Firefox.
Linux does use the GNU license, and the OS's that build on top of the
kernel use a ton of GNU tools, which are important, sure.  But let's try
to leave religious debates (licenses, editors, etc) out of this, they're
counter productive.

What D needs is people to _do_ stuff, not just talk about.  Work together
to improve what exists.  Don't fork off and start new, competing, projects
and websites.  Find something that exists already and improve upon it.
If something that needs to exist but doesn't, sure, start something new.

We don't need yet another wiki site.  We don't need yet another project
repository.  We do need people contributing to both.  If you have issues
with how a part of the community is running, let's work to improve it.

So, wanna help?  Do something, but do it constructively.

Later,
Brad