GDC install binary (OSX)

Fredrik Olsson peylow at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 06:53:54 PDT 2006

Anders F Björklund skrev:
> Fredrik Olsson wrote:
>
>> As gdcmac.sourceforge.net links to dgcc.sourceforge.net for the
>> Universal binary for Tiger I guess this is the "recomended"
>> distribution, and that the user friendly packages are gone :(.
>

> It's not gone forever, it was just "gone fishing" :-)

<snip>
> Anyway, there will be a four-way Universal build for 10.4
> that allows you to build binaries both to and from X86/PPC.
> (with the 32/64-bit, Apple is now up to Quad binaries even!)

Goodie :)

>> A README in the distrubution would be nice, and Anders; please
>> continue providing the install packages. It is a great way to also
>> install the Xcode support.
>

> I will make a temporary release of the separate PPC/X86 builds,
> while I tweak the last remaining bugs of the "universal" one...

After some testing I found out that using cp in shell, actually merges
the directories (Guess I UIs too much). Second problem was the tool
chain complaining about some libs being out of date (A darwin specific
complaint google told me), easily fixed with ranlib. But troublesome
enough for me to still want "real" install packages :).

// Fredrik Olsson