DMD 0.165 release

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Tue Aug 22 06:25:50 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> I was going to call this 1.0 RC1, but I just could not resist adding the
> lazy expression evaluation. This adds one of the big capabilities of
> common lisp.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

Typo in http://www.digitalmars.com/d/type.html
"But these are distinguisable"

Also, whilst reading the spec changes, I find it worth mentioning this
new particular aspect of null in the context of delegate conversions,
and dgnull:

"A null is implicitly converted to a Type delegate() by creating an
anonymous delegate that returns null. To get an actual null value for
the delegate, use one of the following:

const Type delegate() dgnull;   // default initializer for delegate is null
Type delegate() dg1;  // default initializer for delegate is null
Type delegate() dg2 = dgnull;
Type delegate() dg3 = (Type delegate()).init;
Type delegate() dg4 = cast(Type delegate()) null;

Type delegate() dg5 = null;  // initializes dg5 to
                              // delegate Type() { return null; }
"