New web interface to forums

Matthew matthew at hat.stlsoft.dot.org
Thu Dec 7 15:32:24 PST 2006

"Brad Anderson" <brad at dsource.org> wrote in message
news:ela75t$1jen$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
> Matthew wrote:
> > Noyce!
>
> Holy crap, he lives!

Sure enough. :-)

Actually, I've been very busy this year, with work and stuff, so I assume
your comment is with regards to D.

FYI: the "stuff" has largely been finishing off book #2 (Extended STL,
volume 1), releasing Pantheios ("the ultimate C++ logging library"), getting
STLSoft to a point where I can finally do a "proper" release,  and planning
book #3 (Breaking Up The Monolith).

Wrt D, Sean and I have an arrangement whereby he is going to notify me when
D's at a point of maturity that'll support a really sharp template library,
at which point I'll try and find the time to dive back in! (Of course, he
may have forgotten and better equipped people than me may have already done
a/some great template lib(s), so the issue may be moot. If not, I'll be
having a go at that next year, as part of the research/writing of Extended
STL, volume 2! <g>)

The book on D's obviously not got anywhere yet, but 2007 may prove
interesting in that regard ...

Happy Christmas to all D folks!

Cheers

Matthew

P.S. If anyone who's across C++ and D cares to take a look at Pantheios
(http://pantheios.org/) and get back to me about maybe working on
Pantheios.D, I'd be very happy to hear from you. Early on in its development
I worked a bit with Walter to make sure it is binary compatible with D to
ensure that when Pantheios.D happens, it'd be nice and smooth.

--
Matthew Wilson

Author: "Extended STL", Addison-Wesley, 2006
    http://www.extendedstl.com
Author: "Imperfect C++", Addison-Wesley, 2004
    http://www.imperfectcplusplus.com
Director, Synesis Software
    www.synesis.com.au
STLSoft moderator
    http://www.stlsoft.org

"I can't sleep nights till I found out who hurled what ball through
what apparatus" -- Dr Niles Crane