DMD 0.177 release

Marcin Kuszczak aarti at interia.pl
Sat Dec 9 13:14:13 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:

> More ABI changes, and implicit [] => * no longer allowed.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
>
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.175.zip

opAssing not mentioned here, but anyway I like what I have read in Docs!

Finally I can use more user friendly and compact syntax for assigning values
to Any
(http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D.announce&artnum=4827):

auto v=new Any;

Was:
v.assign(5);

Now:
v=5;

Very good syntax for this kind of container! I just miss templatized
constructors and following will be available:

void varFunc(Any[] arr ...) {
        foreach(v; arr) {
                writefln(v.type);

void main() {
        bool test;
#       varFunc(new Any(5), new Any("tekst"[]), new Any(&variadicFunction));
#       varFunc(new Any(5.6), new Any(&test));
}

(Currently it is necessary to write:
# varFunc((new Any).assign(5.6), (new Any).assign(&test));
)

I will send updated version of Any soon...

--
Regards
Marcin Kuszczak