DMD 0.177 release - Clearifications Please?

Hasan Aljudy hasan.aljudy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 14:14:59 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> More ABI changes, and implicit [] => * no longer allowed.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
>
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.175.zip

# Casting a value v to a struct S is now rewritten as S(v).
# Initializing a struct S from a value v is now rewritten as S(v).

Can you clarify more what that means?

# TypeInfo now always generated for enum, struct, and typedef's, to
enable more thorough rtti.

So, can we get a string version of enum values? and can we get struct names?

# hidden feature?

Why is everyone talking about opAssign? I don't see it mentioned in the
change log.