PDF verssion of D manuals

Thu Dec 14 16:08:21 PST 2006

BCS wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>>

>> Just pick one or two of the files to develop the technique. Once that
>> works, we can fix the rest.
> file:///home/urxae/tmp/ddoc_tex/tex.ddoc
>
> Here is the first attack
>

> PDFs here:
>
> http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~shro8822/type.pdf
>
> The table environment is proving hard to deal with. Also, it's looking
> like Ddoc is going to need some sort of find-and-replace for escaping
> special strings (think SED).
>
> and here:
>
> http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~shro8822/glossary.pdf

I've been messing around with this a bit. Attached you'll find an
updated tex.ddoc. Tables are now actually tables (not just a giant blob
of text :)), and section headers are now properly in \section and
\subsection.
The table handling is far from perfect, though; columns are hard-coded
to a maximum of 3 colums, each 5cm wide.

Does anyone know how to get HTML-like auto-wrapping cells in latex,
without having to explicitly specify their width? Or is this not possible?

By the way, there's a missing '$' in the ulong row of the table at the
top of type.d.

Walter Bright wrote:
 > BCS wrote:
 >> Here is the first attack
 >
 > It's a good start. If you can write up the roadblocks you're
 > encountering, I can try and figure out a way to deal with them.

Well, it might be handy to have a way to repeat a character N times,
with N given by a macro parameter.
Then the table macro could accept a number-of-columns argument,
generalizing it to any number of columns.