Net IDL v0.0.6 code generator release

pragma pragma_member at pathlink.com
Thu Jul 13 15:41:06 PDT 2006

In article <e93fnu$1nkb$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, BCS says...

>This is a code generator that facilitates the use of an interface across
>a TCP/IP connection
>
>This program takes a limited form of the D programming language
>interface syntax and generates code for an object implementing the
>interface. This Object allows for an instance of the interface to be
>accessed across a TCP/IP connection.
>
>The included readme has a more verbose explanation. Also the package has
>a larger example.
>
>download:
>	www.uidaho.edu/~shro8822/netidl_0_6_sdk.zip
>
>Comments and suggestions welcome.

Ahh.. so *that's* what you were working on. ;)

I have one suggestion: In your grammar, the BaceType type production could be
streamlined to use your enum values directly:

BaceType = Types.type val
::= "bool" @Type.types.type_bool:val |
"byte" @Type.types.type_void:val |
"short" @Type.types.type_short:val |
"int" @Type.types.type_int:val |

Granted, its a tradeoff between .bnf readability and code efficency. Clever use
of an alias or two might make this easier on the eyes, but I digress.

Anyway, this technique should help eliminate the need to re-lookup the values in
your backend code.

- EricAnderton at yahoo