OT: a bit cheeky..

Regan Heath regan at netwin.co.nz
Wed Jun 7 19:31:41 PDT 2006

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 02:02:16 +0000 (UTC), Unknown W. Brackets
<Unknown_member at pathlink.com> wrote:
> Oh, sorry.  I didn't realize you meant you were nesting them four
> levels, etc.

Well.. I kinda implied only 2 levels initially. Don't you get the same
problem with 2 levels as you do with 4? Both rules will be applied and the
latter will override the former? (I haven't actually tested it..)

> In that case, I might have to recommend IE7, if you can't move to divs.
> That
> should definitely handle it, even if for the penalty (which will go away
> once MSIE 7 is released.)

I'll have a look at it. I'd never heard of it before now.

> You could put classes on the tds themselves, which would fix this
> issue...

Yeah, that still seems overly heavy handed to me.. but then again it may
be the only solution which actually works :(

We can conditionally output css data based on browser, except I'd like to
avoid taking that step as some browsers (opera) often masquerade as others
(like IE)..

> Sorry, there isn't a good solution to this problem for your usage after
> all, that I know of.  Forgive me for misunderstanding.

No worries. I can't really complain about help freely given, can I. ;)

Regan