Announce: Enki 1.0

BCS BCS at pathlink.com
Thu Jun 8 10:39:23 PDT 2006

I tried it, but the generated code wont compile because it lacks some
imports, I poked around a bit but didn't find everything I needed. This
should be high on the documentation list. Also a few short examples of
it in use would be nice.

pragma wrote:
[...]
> Enki is a frontend parser generator that uses an annotated EBNF syntax to
> produce .d sourcefiles.  More details can be found at the link above.  Without
> getting too deep into specifics, it adheres to the following philosophy:
>
> - Self-hosting
> - Generates readable, parser frontend code only
> - Provides a basic (and replaceable) text parser backend for quick use

Can the parser be used to parse an array of struct or the like?

> - Avoids the reinvention of its host language: D.
> - Relies on user supplied D code as directly as possible, where it is strongest
> - Generate D code where possible, where D is at its worst and most verbose
> - Support the majority of use cases with the minimal amount of tweaking

[...]