DMD 0.161 release

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 07:22:41 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> Mostly bug fixes.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

"Shadowing local variable declarations is now deprecated."

I thought it had always been illegal by the spec.

"Folded in D.bugs/7509"

You seem to have slipped up here:

"What's needed is an error handling philosophy and methodology such that:
[...]
     * 'Quick and dirty' utilities to be written that still correctly
handle errors."

s/to/can

"Fixed Bugzilla 57  in 0.151"

Why is this in the changelog for 0.161?

"Fixed Bugzilla 36  (better error message)"
"Fixed Bugzilla 85  (now issues error message)"

And they're also marked as fixed in Bugzilla.  However, at the moment I
can't seem to find the bit of the spec that indicates that either is
illegal code.

Stewart.