Need: New newsgroup digitalmars.D.gripe

Ameer Armaly ameer_armaly at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 9 13:29:51 PST 2006

"Bruno Medeiros" <daiphoenixNO at SPAMlycos.com> wrote in message
news:duph36$grg$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
> Brad Roberts wrote:
>> On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Jack Thorpe wrote:
>>
>>> I hate to start another flame war, but I hate flame wars!
>>>
>>> I come here to digitalmars.D.announce to find the latest releases of D
>>> and new D
>>> software. But today, I almost can't find Walter's DMD 149 anouncement on
>>> the
>>> first page anymore, and I checked late last night less than 11 hours
>>> ago!
>>>
>>> And really, I don't have time to scan three pages of new postings
>>> everyday :)
>>>
>>> Please, could we start a  digitalmars.D.design  newsgroup and let this
>>> list be
>>> just for annoucements of new D software releases?
>>>
>>> Thank you, now flame away ;)
>>>
>>> -- Jack
>>
>> I too wish .announce was reserved for announcements and discussions moved
>> to a more appropriate forum.  There's always .D for generic arguments. :)
>
> If the discussion is closely related to the release, I'll probably keep it
> on .announce, but if it is more big, significant or general than that,
> yes, the best is to cross post to D (like Bools Reloaded), and then stop
> replying on .announce.

What about just starting a brand new thread on .D; wouldn't that be a bit
better suited for that group?  Furthermore, replying to a new release
announcement doesn't gain you that much in terms of quoting something; I'm
pretty sure that anyone reading any of these groups keeps up with the
releases.
Opinions?