Yet another effort at translating the Win32 API headers

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 04:10:43 PST 2006

I know there have been a number of efforts already, but none of them
seem to be perfect.  As such, I've decided to start a project to tidy
them up.

This work is based on Y. Tomino's translation of the Win32 headers into D:

http://tinyurl.com/s66xg

(Granted, Google doesn't exactly generate English as we know it from
Japanese, but still....)

At the moment I've done only commctrl.d.  Yes, this is a rather long
file, but it's given me a chance to draw up a decent list of
improvements to be implemented.  I've also tweaked two of the other
files to get it to compile, but not gone through improving them.  Notice
that commctrl.d has been reduced from two files adding to 15200 lines,
412K to a single file of 6320 lines, 166K.

Download the work so far:

http://pr.stewartsplace.org.uk/d/win32.zip

(Only the files that have actually been modified are in the download -
see the above URL for those pending.)

See the readme.txt file for a description of the improvements that have
been made.  Anybody is more than welcome to take another of the files
and implement these improvements.  Please announce which file you are
taking in a followup to this post, to avoid duplication of effort.  When
you've done it, you may post it as an attachment here or send it to me
by email.

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.