new domain: d-programming-language.org

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Mon May 8 18:49:09 PDT 2006

I've just registered it, so it can be the 'official' D site.

1) Why so long?

Because "D" is un-googlable, there needs to be a reasonably unique,
recognizable phrase for it. Nothing works as well as "d programming
language". There's no ambiguity about what it's about. Besides, most
people will get to the web site via a click, rather than typing it in.

2) Why the embedded '-'?

In my experiments, google doesn't separate dprogramminglanguage into 3
words. But it will if there are embedded '-'s.

3) Why 'org' instead of 'com'?

Because the D language itself is not a company, nor is it a proprietary
language. Hence, 'org' is the most appropriate for it.

4) When will it go live?

It'll take a couple days at least.