new domain: d-programming-language.org

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Mon May 8 19:25:37 PDT 2006

In article <e3osei$g90$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Walter Bright says...

>I've just registered it, so it can be the 'official' D site.

In my opinion, typeability is as or more important than googleability.
d-programming-language.org is difficult to type (both because of the length and
because of the dashes)

Plus, google parses -'s as a word separator, so "d-programming-language" would
match "d-programming langugae", "d programming-language", "d programming
language", "D) Programming languages", etc, and more importantly,
d-programming-language (no quotes) would match , "a b c d e f g ... programming
is the act of writing data in a language suitable for a computer to interpret"

- Gregor Richards