D 1.0 for Jan 1, 2007

BLS nanali at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 10 10:07:22 PST 2006

Lars Ivar Igesund schrieb:

> Björn, I might sound pessimistic, but this how how D/DMD always has been,
> and Walter has yet to say how this will change to accomodate the fact that
> we will have a stable release.

I still have to call myself a D newbie and so my opinion is probabely
not much worth.  I guess you'll agree that there are allready a lot of
goodies implemented in D. So that a nowadays written library will/could
survive a few years.

I would like to mention here the gnu classpath lib. (0.92) which uses
the Java 1.2 language features and is (again IMO) pretty stableand
usefull It also seems that the classpath guys are able to find a way to
upgrade classpath to generics without "too" much pain.

Kind regards Björn