A new debugger for Linux - would it work for D?

Cristian Vlasceanu cristian at zero-bugs.com
Tue Nov 21 15:50:30 PST 2006

Hi,
I have written a Linux debugger (so far targeting C and C++) and from
conversations with Walter and Andrei Alexandrescu emerged the idea of adapting
it to support D.

The areas that might need some not-so-trivial effort are the stack unwinding
(as I understood from Walter, D sometimes uses stack frame layouts that may
not be compatible with C) and the expression interpreter.

Take a look, and if you think the investment in D is worthwhile I will give it
a shot.

Thank you,
Cristian Vlasceanu (http://www.zero-bugs.com)