SkyIDE - a new IDE for D (and other languages)

Sash skyide at optusnet.com.au
Thu Nov 23 03:20:24 PST 2006

== Quote from Endea (notknown at none.com)'s article
> Hi,
> I am trying on Linux Ubuntu Edgy under wine, can't add compiler profile...
> In Options->Compilers... I fill:
> Profile Name: dmd
> Compiler Type: Digital Mars D
> Compiler Location: z:\home\me\D\dmd\bin\dmd.exe
> Then click Add.
> It add profile "dmd" now, Profile name becomes "DIGITAL", Compiler type
> "Borland C++", Location empty, Compiler parameters "DIGITAL". It fills
> these things like this randomly, so there must be something wrong there.
> And it forces to chooce the .exe for compiler so how would this work
> under linux? Just wondering, I use jEdit with scons anyway..

I am not really sure why you are experiencing such problems on Linux. It does not happen in Windows so it's really hard
to track down the problem but I will look into it. It could be with the way WINE interprets the API calls. I will
install Linux in a few days and I will "try" to solve the problem even if it requires using different system calls (if
they are available of course)

I just want to let everyone know that D support in SkyIDE is preliminary and will be improved. What you see now is only
base support. However you should be able to add keywords through TScintilla Editor options->Language Manager->Keywords
just make sure the selected language is "D" and press "Apply" after the keyword has been added.

At least I got the base working....I will try to add support for bud/dbuild. I am working on multiple fronts here. I am
also trying to add support for Bakefile  (haven't started it yet but I am studying it) and CYGWIN.

For latest updates simply go to www.skyide.com