DMD 0.175 release [OT]

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 13:22:11 PST 2006

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 13:10:33 -0800, Kristian Kilpi <kjkilpi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 22:54:42 +0200, John Reimer
> <terminal.node at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You mean it wasn't -25°C a year ago?  :-)
>>>
>>> Stewart.
>>>

>> lol :D
>>
>> Well, actually it's been exceptionally cold this year.  This cold snap
>> is quite early in the season for us.  Although every winter, we
>> typically get some -30 C weather in Jan or Feb.
>>
>> -JJR
>
> -30'C is pretty cold indeed. :) For instance, bicycling in that
> temperature is not so nice. (I used to bicycle to school when I was a
> kid. -20'C was cold enough... ;) )
>
> By the way, if you don't mind asking, where do you live?

British Columbia, Canada, in a region that we call the Cariboo Interior.
I've been to Rovaniemi, Finland (not sure where you are).  It's not near
as far north as that.

Actually I run to work (between 5 to 7 km depending on which route I
take), all year round.  Tonight I'll be running in this temperature...
fun! (I do have a headlamp) :).  It's actually not so bad, if you keep
moving.  I can't imagine bicycling to work in that temperature, though
.... brrrr... windchill would make it much colder.

-JJR