(OT) Re: DMD 0.175 release

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Mon Nov 27 05:04:32 PST 2006

David Medlock wrote:

> I won't be drawn into a long discussion of this, but
>
> - I never said anything about pollution.  C02 is a naturally occuring
> element in our atmosphere.  Pollution is contamination of that
> environment.

Yes, and unaturally high levels should be considered contamination.

> - My 3 year old likes going places in my car and heat for our house.
> You would pay much more for those things under Kyoto. Bringing your 3
> year old into it is pretty juvenille.

So you're juvenile too ;) The Kyoto agreement is about paying more for what
is considered to pollute the environment, which in turn will (and already
is) lead to more environomentally means to fuel your car and heat your
house (and better isolation, so you need less energy to heat it).

> - There is still NO EVIDENCE of C02 caused by humans.  Increasing C02 +
> more humans is not conclusive.  You need reproducible results and double
> blind studies, not a 'consensus'.

When we are talking about reproducible results, when is that? When we are
certain because the polar caps melts and leads to major floodings around
the world?

> - The total temperature increase in the 1900s was 1 degree celsius.
>
> - It IS an anti-capitalist movement.  Go read the Kyoto treaty, which
> was ironically rejected by Japan.

It is not at all anti-capitalist, it just tries to turn the capitalists
towards other means of earning money on energy (and even CO2 quotas). Sadly
most governments, even those who accepted the Kyoto treaty has failed to do
what is necessary to make this process capitalist driven (ie the EU gives
away 90% of the CO2 quotas for free).

> Believe the chicken littles if you like, but they have an agenda just
> like everyone else.  Until you have reproducible results it IS junk
> science.

You're FUD'ing just enough to seem to have an agenda yourself.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net