minwin

Chris Miller chris at dprogramming.com
Wed Nov 29 03:04:01 PST 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 03:26:58 -0500, Anders F Björklund <afb at algonet.se>
wrote:

> Bill Baxter wrote:
>
>> The need for checking against a version didn't go away, it just moved
>> into the module.
>
> Only problem is that you cannot import version statements from modules.
>
> So all those version statements need to move to the command line, or to
> an external tool like bu[il]d in order to have something like autoconf.
>
> --anders

I like how D simplified this. It makes it much easier to do a general
parse of a source file without having to follow imports (which can be a
pain - e.g. several import dirs).

This is also why I like how `static if` and version are for different
purposes and `static if` should not work at the module level.