Announcing new app framework

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 22:59:46 PDT 2006

I think OpenVG is supposed to be released sometime around the end of the
year.  And it is likely to be supported by vendors.  Don't know how long
that will take, but if you have time, it may be worth waiting for that.

Anyway, the antialiasing situation in OpenGL is very disappointing as
far as high-quality 2D output is concerned.

Check out Amanith, which is a good demo of the quality you can hope to
get out of current OpenGL.
For non-HW accel there the antigrain geometry library (AGG), which does
have quite good quality.

--bb