Announcing new app framework

freeagle dalibor.free at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 05:11:05 PDT 2006

Jeff  wrote / napísal(a):
> freeagle wrote:
>> Hello, I started to work on a cross-platform app framework based
>> around an OpenGL GUI library. You can find more info at
>> http://freedev.yweb.sk/projects/libraries/universal/info.html
>>
>> freeagle
>
> I've been wondering why OpenGL is so appealing to people for this sort
> of thing. Wouldn't Cairo be more suitable (since OpenGL could then be
> used as desired, but not strictly required), especially considering the
> - then relatively easy - integration of other handy libraries like Pango?

Oh, sry, I forgot to answer you first question. Why OpenGL? purpose of
these libs is to use hardware acceleration whereever possible and offer
the same API regardless of the underlaying platform. There are only two
fully-featured graphics APIs that use modern hardware for render
acceleration - Direct3D and OpenGL. D3D is only for Windows platform. I
think this leaves no other option than OpenGL.

freeagle