DMD 1.012 release

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Mon Apr 16 07:38:52 PDT 2007

Jari-Matti Mäkelä wrote:

> Jeff wrote:
>> For anyone interested: I just noticed that the most recent version of
>> Kate in the KDE subversion repos contains syntax highlighting for DMD
>> 1.011.
>>
>> Thanks to whoever made this happen. :)
>
> You're welcome :)
>
>> (Next stop, full support in KDevelop? :P)
>
> I can take a look at it this summer. It might be better targeting
> KDevelop 4.x since KDE4 will be released later this year. KDevelop 4.x
> will probably also be cross-platform.

I started to look at this, but got de-motivated by the C++ :) It is unlikely
that I will have more time for it in the near future.

A small plugin (only a few lines of code) will be needed for KDevelop to
accept D files as source code. Syntax highlighting is through Kate, so that
is not a problem. Further support, especially for managing dsss
configuration files (one could still use makefiles of course or some other
solution), D semantic support etc, will be much more work, but the DMD
parser may very well be possible to use for this.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net