Entice Designer 0.8.2 release

Charlie charlie.fats at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 07:23:20 PDT 2007

I had Vista pre-installed on my new lenovo laptop and absolutely could
not stand it.  I'm mostly OS neutral, I like XP and Ubuntu , but Vista
is absolutely god awful, I had to jump through so many hoops to get it
configured, and now instead of configuration files the have *registry
patches* , good lord!

I have a core duo 2 and Vista ran so slow, it literally took over 5
minutes to boot up.

And besides eye candy it has no new features that would make it more
productive.

I uninstalled Vista and installed kubuntu, and could not be happier.
Its quick, its pretty, and insanely productive.

I remember trying to install Slackware 3.0 pre 21st century from a set
of floppies and totally trashing the family computer - they wouldn't let
me touch it after that.  Linux now is a one click install, with most
drivers detected automatically.  Everything on my laptop, sound -
wireless card - ethernet , worked out of the box.

Charlie