Entice Designer 0.8.2 release

Rioshin an'Harthen rharth75 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 00:47:06 PDT 2007

"Charlie" <charlie.fats at gmail.com> kirjoitti viestissä
news:462E12D8.7020406 at gmail.com...

>I had Vista pre-installed on my new lenovo laptop and absolutely could not
>stand it.  I'm mostly OS neutral, I like XP and Ubuntu , but Vista is
>absolutely god awful, I had to jump through so many hoops to get it
>configured, and now instead of configuration files the have *registry
>patches* , good lord!
>
> I have a core duo 2 and Vista ran so slow, it literally took over 5
> minutes to boot up.

Comparing my computers, a P4 3.0GHz (not dual-core but hyper-threading)
with 1GB of memory running XP Pro SP2 and my C2D E6400 with 2GB
memory running Vista Ultimate, I've found that the newer computer is
decidedly faster in booting up and in general running of the operating
system,
as well. (My third computer (a Celeron) is running Fedora, so I know the
Linux world, too.)

> And besides eye candy it has no new features that would make it more
> productive.

But it does increase security rather considerably when compared to XP:
using XP, you almost had to use accounts with administrative privileges,
while Vista can be used with a limited account. It's like having to log in
as root to use the OS compared to using su or sudo.

Also, the Vista firewall is by far better than the XP one - basically, with
Vista you can manage running a third-party virus scanner, while with XP
you really need the third-party firewall, as well.