Mayhem Intergalactic: First commercial game written in D?

Mike Parker aldacron71 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 05:47:11 PST 2007

Chris P. wrote:

> I'm making this post here because Mayhem Intergalactic is written in D -
> making it the first released commercial game written in D, as far as I
> know. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

I believe you are correct. A couple of years ago, Kai Backman started
porting his commercial C++ indie game, ShortHike, to D. But to the best
of my knowledge he never started selling the port. He released a
development version last year[1], then a few months later released the
whole thing under the Apache 2.0 license[2]. So that was almost the
first commercial D game.

Unless someone else steps out of the woodwork, it looks like you get the
honor:)

[1]http://dblog.aldacron.net/2006/05/22/commercial-game-in-d/
[2]http://dblog.aldacron.net/2006/09/10/commercial-indie-game-goes-open-source-with-d/