Mayhem Intergalactic: First commercial game written in D?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sun Dec 9 03:43:10 PST 2007

Chris P. wrote:

> Oh, I see - you're still using SDLmain, but it's standard SDLmain, not a
> patched SDLmain? My solution doesn't involve SDLmain at all, that was
> the point.

Sorry, must have missed the point then...

> According to Sam Lantinga, SDLmain.c is public domain, but I can't find
> any definitive references to SDLmain.m being public domain, and that's
> the file we really care about for Mac OS X. So IMO SDLmain.m's licencing
> status is unclear. It's for this reason that I've constructed my own,
> independent solution.

I only use libSDLmain.a library actually.

Weirdo "Feel free to customize this file to suit your needs" license,
which would be easier if it was explicitly Public Domain like the other.
Probably only a problem with older SDL and MacOS versions, since the
new SDL 1.3 on Mac OS X doesn't need any special "SDLmain" any longer...

--anders